Reply to topic  [ 1242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 32  Next
Arc 42: Not All Dogs 
Author Message
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15465
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
In this fandom:

Everyone who does not exist to make King happy is hated.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Mon May 30, 2011 2:28 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:18 am
Posts: 118
Location: Washington, USA
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
I doubt Fido saw Joey get kicked out. I mean, even if he's kinda a pushover, I doubt he'd let his brother be abused like that. Also, I think Fido called King a pup since he's so small and adorable.

And did anyone notice how buff King didn't look?

_________________
yuki wrote:
It is purpose that created us, purpose that pulls us, that guides us, that drives us. It is purpose that defines us, purpose that binds us.


Mon May 30, 2011 2:30 pm
Profile YIM

Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 9:31 pm
Posts: 776
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
IceKitsune wrote:
angelusbr wrote:
So if you see your little brother doing havoc you do nothing at all to stop him just because scolding him won't stop him?


If he was doing exactly what Bino was doing (and remember as far as Fido knows it really is Binos watch hes only doing something because Sabrina told him otherwise/threatened him) no I really wouldn't try to stop him because he wouldn't listen to me anyway (he is an adult just so you know) and its not like he would be hurting anyone (now if he was then I would stop him but that's a different matter all together) if he was doing exactly what Bino is, plus I wouldn't really care all that much either because I try not to get involved in petty stuff like this.


Essentially. If the only thing I can do to stop him from doing what he's doing is to almost hurt him (Such as by tackling or wrestling to the ground), then it's not worth it for either of us.

I really can't contain my excitement at this arc. So much going on, so much drama! So much speculation as well!


Mon May 30, 2011 2:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4300
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Sleet wrote:
In most of this fandom:

Everyone who does not exist to make King happy is hated.


There Fixed it for you because not everyone hates characters like that or for that reason.

_________________
Image
Image


Last edited by IceKitsune on Mon May 30, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon May 30, 2011 2:31 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:01 pm
Posts: 870
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Daggy wrote:
I understood perfectly why Fido did that. Have you ever tried arguing with someone that is completely self-centered and slightly paranoid? The conversation goes nowhere. He's too nice to just completely slam down Bino, mostly because they're brothers.




Pretty much this. There is no use talking to anyone who is self-centered. Its all about this "me me me" mentality. But closer still, it doesn't excuse what Fido is doing. Sabrina actually forced him to take action, even though I not surprised. She is good at manipulating Fido.


Last edited by Barkeron on Mon May 30, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon May 30, 2011 2:33 pm
Profile YIM
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1484
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Personally, I await King becoming a human again. I know that will spark outrage, but I don't personally get the King love myself. But given that people go nuts over him, I can sort of understand why he's in so many arcs, even if I think there's other characters which could be expanded on.


Mon May 30, 2011 2:34 pm
Profile ICQ YIM

Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 9:31 pm
Posts: 776
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
I just find him adorable. That and his personality reminds me of myself. At least, my personality while not on the internet...

I'd be sad if he went back to being Joel, but willing to deal with it.


Mon May 30, 2011 2:36 pm
Profile
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1484
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
valerio wrote:
So what's the sense of the club for the dearest top dog, role model for which whole crowds gather?
That it's a gang in which the meaniest guy can do whatever he want cuz it's his little bro? Do I take it that Fido would've intervened if it had been another dog instead of Bino playing the bully? That Fido's ethics are bound by kin? Or rather by the meanest kin? (helloo? Joey ill-treated?)


Bino mistreats and annoys everyone, even his owner. We have not a bit of proof that Fido mistreats Joey.


Mon May 30, 2011 2:38 pm
Profile ICQ YIM

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 579
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Daggy wrote:
I'd be sad if he went back to being Joel, but willing to deal with it.


I would too, if there's some way he wouldn't be on the run for the REST OF HIS LIFE! :| King or Joel, I just want him to be safe.


Last edited by PhoenixAsper on Mon May 30, 2011 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon May 30, 2011 2:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:18 am
Posts: 118
Location: Washington, USA
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Foxstar wrote:
Foxstar
Reply with quote Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:34 pm
I would like to see more of all the characters (except Tarot, she can go to "a farm downstate"), particularly Grape.

_________________
yuki wrote:
It is purpose that created us, purpose that pulls us, that guides us, that drives us. It is purpose that defines us, purpose that binds us.


Mon May 30, 2011 2:39 pm
Profile YIM
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14342
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Not only King is adorable, as Joel he's working for his redemption and has Fox as awesome friend. He deserves all the love!

_________________
Image
Image


Mon May 30, 2011 2:40 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3908
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
valerio wrote:
sorry, Karlos, but there are different ways to serve us those ingredients.
You are totally right, I won't disagree with your analysis... But this just came out of the blue, at a critical moment. Everyone was thinking that Fido was not around, because no one among us would've thought he'd actually be...like this, not now! I see this sudden development as a serious narrative flaw, because so far no one, and I dare you to say otherwise, suspected Fido could be so...un-Fido.


I wouldn't call it a narrative flaw. we were never certain if Fido was the perfect dog to begin with or not as the community saw him as. I still have thoughts that Rick might make Fido turn out to be a better dog in the future though, but we were never guaranteed he was flawless =3

As for King: I don't mind King from a human/pet view, but if he has to go he has to go. I even wonder if another corgi showed up if it would matter >.> I'm sure Rick learned by now just how hard it is for people to turn away from his art. <_< >_>

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Mon May 30, 2011 2:41 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:32 pm
Posts: 1978
Location: In a house unless I'm not in a house.
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Koda wrote:
Foxstar wrote:
Foxstar
Reply with quote Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:34 pm
I would like to see more of all the characters (except Tarot, she can go to "a farm downstate"), particularly Grape.


What do you have against Tarot?

_________________
Sent from my conifer.


Mon May 30, 2011 2:42 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4300
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Koda wrote:
Foxstar wrote:
Foxstar
Reply with quote Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:34 pm
I would like to see more of all the characters (except Tarot, she can go to "a farm downstate"), particularly Grape.


Now I dislike Tarot (mostly because she has the personality of a wet paper bag and for a few other reason I've stated before) but if she is going to stick around I think she really needs an Arc.

_________________
Image
Image


Mon May 30, 2011 2:43 pm
Profile
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1484
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
valerio wrote:
Not only King is adorable, as Joel he's working for his redemption and has Fox as awesome friend. He deserves all the love!


Val, you have a somewhat bad habit of -reading into things-

Joel is at -best- putting up with life as a dog. He's been friendly to Sasha. He deals with a lot of crap living with the wolves. But where in what arc has it ever been revealed that he's working towards any sort of 'redemption'? Nowhere. I think people who see him being friends with Fox and taking care of Sasha are reading into way too much.


Mon May 30, 2011 2:44 pm
Profile ICQ YIM

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 579
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Foxstar wrote:
valerio wrote:
Not only King is adorable, as Joel he's working for his redemption and has Fox as awesome friend. He deserves all the love!


Val, you have a somewhat bad habit of -reading into things-

Joel is at -best- putting up with life as a dog. He's been friendly to Sasha. He deals with a lot of crap living with the wolves. But where in what arc has it ever been revealed that he's working towards any sort of 'redemption'? Nowhere. I think people who see him being friends with Fox and taking care of Sasha are reading into way too much.


Then WHAT, may I ask, is the point of his entire story? :(


Mon May 30, 2011 2:45 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 9:31 pm
Posts: 776
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Quote:
Then WHAT, may I ask, is the point of his entire story? :(


To be amazingly cute!


Mon May 30, 2011 2:46 pm
Profile
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1484
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
IceKitsune wrote:
Koda wrote:
Foxstar wrote:
Foxstar
Reply with quote Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:34 pm
I would like to see more of all the characters (except Tarot, she can go to "a farm downstate"), particularly Grape.


Now I dislike Tarot (mostly because she has the personality of a wet paper bag and for a few other reason I've stated before) but if she is going to stick around I think she really needs an Arc.


Both Tarot and Sabrina got a huge amount of development in "A Infinteimally Brief History of the World."


Mon May 30, 2011 2:47 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:18 am
Posts: 118
Location: Washington, USA
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
yehoshua wrote:

What do you have against Tarot?

She's kinda funny looking, and is like a worser version of Sabrina. Also, Peanut doesn't seem like the kind of guy to have a girlfriend (saying he's too young/immature, NOTHING ELSE).

_________________
yuki wrote:
It is purpose that created us, purpose that pulls us, that guides us, that drives us. It is purpose that defines us, purpose that binds us.


Mon May 30, 2011 2:48 pm
Profile YIM
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14342
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Ok, let's say I used an improper phrasing and that 'redemption is a big word'. Still, he's making progresses. And he DID throw the watch in the trash. If I'm wrong, what would you call it? DO you have an opinion or do you like to pick on my own?

_________________
Image
Image


Mon May 30, 2011 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1484
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
PhoenixAsper wrote:
Foxstar wrote:
valerio wrote:
Not only King is adorable, as Joel he's working for his redemption and has Fox as awesome friend. He deserves all the love!


Val, you have a somewhat bad habit of -reading into things-

Joel is at -best- putting up with life as a dog. He's been friendly to Sasha. He deals with a lot of crap living with the wolves. But where in what arc has it ever been revealed that he's working towards any sort of 'redemption'? Nowhere. I think people who see him being friends with Fox and taking care of Sasha are reading into way too much.


Then WHAT, may I ask, is the point of his entire story? :(


To decide what he's going to do with his life? This arc isn't over yet and I don't read into characters without enough of a background to draw off of. But what has been shown so far is he hasn't decided if he wants to be dog or human but a boon is coming to change this (GK said as much)


Mon May 30, 2011 2:49 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4300
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Foxstar wrote:

Both Tarot and Sabrina got a huge amount of development in "A Infinteimally Brief History of the World."


Ok that isn't out yet so it doesn't really help here plus Rick already said that none of that will ever come up in the comic so it doesn't really matter.

_________________
Image
Image


Mon May 30, 2011 2:50 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am
Posts: 1752
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
IceKitsune wrote:
angelusbr wrote:
So if you see your little brother doing havoc you do nothing at all to stop him just because scolding him won't stop him?


If he was doing exactly what Bino was doing (and remember as far as Fido knows it really is Binos watch hes only doing something because Sabrina told him otherwise/threatened him) no I really wouldn't try to stop him because he wouldn't listen to me anyway (he is an adult just so you know) and its not like he would be hurting anyone (now if he was then I would stop him but that's a different matter all together) if he was doing exactly what Bino is, plus I wouldn't really care all that much either because I try not to get involved in petty stuff like this.

So, what was done to Joey can be easily ignored? And Also that Bino ORDERED HIS MINIONS to hold King can also be ignored? In my family nobody does ill to another(wheter we are adults or no) without consequences. Besides, isn't Fido a K-9? ins't what both King AND Bino doing fellonies? I know King s doing it for the sake of his very existence, but Fido doesn' t know it...yet. five minutes with Sabrina shold be enough to enlight him.

_________________
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus


Mon May 30, 2011 2:50 pm
Profile
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1484
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Koda wrote:
yehoshua wrote:

What do you have against Tarot?

She's kinda funny looking, and is like a worser version of Sabrina. Also, Peanut doesn't seem like the kind of guy to have a girlfriend (saying he's too young/immature, NOTHING ELSE).


But Peanut himself has made it clear he does want a girlfriend. His reasons for first seeking Grape were likely due in part to the fact that he knows her best, but though oneshots and arcs, he's developing just as strong of a relationship with Tarot.

And Tarot's a Pom. Poms are as funny looking as Corgis.


Mon May 30, 2011 2:52 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1484
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
IceKitsune wrote:
Foxstar wrote:

Both Tarot and Sabrina got a huge amount of development in "A Infinteimally Brief History of the World."


Ok that isn't out yet so it doesn't really help here plus Rick already said that none of that will ever come up in the comic so it doesn't really matter.


It's not publicly released.

And there's nothing saying it won't come up in the comic, given that it sets the stage for the history and 'How things work' in the Housepets world.


Mon May 30, 2011 2:53 pm
Profile ICQ YIM

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 579
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Foxstar wrote:
PhoenixAsper wrote:

Then WHAT, may I ask, is the point of his entire story? :(


To decide what he's going to do with his life? This arc isn't over yet and I don't read into characters without enough of a background to draw off of. But what has been shown so far is he hasn't decided if he wants to be dog or human but a boon is coming to change this (GK said as much)


Judging by what HAS been revealed of his life as Joel, as well as the current predicament "Joel" would be in if he was ever found by the civilized world, he would do WELL to consider that decision VERY CAREFULLY. I had hoped, after the rather despair laced ending to Christmas 2009 (without the epilogue), that Rick intends for something meaningful and rewarding. And yes, he is due at least one more reward. But that is at the end of the game. Even with Pete detained, might that still go on?


Mon May 30, 2011 2:56 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14342
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
King is a third (now second) player, so he's most definitely in the game and waiting for his reward at the end of the run.

_________________
Image
Image


Mon May 30, 2011 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4300
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Foxstar wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
Foxstar wrote:

Both Tarot and Sabrina got a huge amount of development in "A Infinteimally Brief History of the World."


Ok that isn't out yet so it doesn't really help here plus Rick already said that none of that will ever come up in the comic so it doesn't really matter.


It's not publicly released.

And there's nothing saying it won't come up in the comic, given that it sets the stage for the history and 'How things work' in the Housepets world.


I swear he said that nothing reveled in the book will have any impact on the comic and that's why it won't matter if you read it or not.

_________________
Image
Image


Mon May 30, 2011 3:02 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am
Posts: 1752
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Foxstar wrote:
valerio wrote:
Not only King is adorable, as Joel he's working for his redemption and has Fox as awesome friend. He deserves all the love!


Val, you have a somewhat bad habit of -reading into things-

Joel is at -best- putting up with life as a dog. He's been friendly to Sasha. He deals with a lot of crap living with the wolves. But where in what arc has it ever been revealed that he's working towards any sort of 'redemption'? Nowhere. I think people who see him being friends with Fox and taking care of Sasha are reading into way too much.

Unless Ricky gave you major spoilers containing some weird plot twists you cannot afirm that either, sir. As far as the fans, who read the updates of three strips per week (sometimes we are treated with double strips), know about this comic, King is slowly (a bit too much for my taste, but I still like it) redemting for his past actions and learning that being a dog isn't all that bad, but he's facing problems like everyone else(maybe more than an avarege person would due his secret).
And I kinda agree with what was said above. I know the following statement isn't the absolute truth, but it's what I'm seeing here:
dislike Bino = Like King
Dislike King = Like Bino

_________________
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus


Mon May 30, 2011 3:02 pm
Profile
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1484
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
PhoenixAsper wrote:
Foxstar wrote:
PhoenixAsper wrote:

Then WHAT, may I ask, is the point of his entire story? :(


To decide what he's going to do with his life? This arc isn't over yet and I don't read into characters without enough of a background to draw off of. But what has been shown so far is he hasn't decided if he wants to be dog or human but a boon is coming to change this (GK said as much)


Judging by what HAS been revealed of his life as Joel, as well as the current predicament "Joel" would be in if he was ever found by the civilized world, he would do WELL to consider that decision VERY CAREFULLY. I had hoped, after the rather despair laced ending to Christmas 2009 (without the epilogue), that Rick intends for something meaningful and rewarding. And yes, he is due at least one more reward. But that is at the end of the game. Even with Pete detained, might that still go on?


Two boons.

One is coming 'soon'

And one is coming at the end of the game.


Mon May 30, 2011 3:04 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14342
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Good call, Angel

_________________
Image
Image


Mon May 30, 2011 3:04 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 579
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Foxstar wrote:

Two boons.

One is coming 'soon'

And one is coming at the end of the game.



Wait, what? :|

I thought the first already happened? That was moving in with the pack.

Or is there something I've missed? Haven't been reading the arc, after all.


Last edited by PhoenixAsper on Mon May 30, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon May 30, 2011 3:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4300
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
angelusbr wrote:
Unless Ricky gave you major spoilers containing some weird plot twists you cannot afirm that either, sir.


Actually I would like to know if this is true Foxstar because you act like he does some times.

_________________
Image
Image


Mon May 30, 2011 3:06 pm
Profile
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1484
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
angelusbr wrote:
Foxstar wrote:
valerio wrote:
Not only King is adorable, as Joel he's working for his redemption and has Fox as awesome friend. He deserves all the love!


Val, you have a somewhat bad habit of -reading into things-

Joel is at -best- putting up with life as a dog. He's been friendly to Sasha. He deals with a lot of crap living with the wolves. But where in what arc has it ever been revealed that he's working towards any sort of 'redemption'? Nowhere. I think people who see him being friends with Fox and taking care of Sasha are reading into way too much.

Unless Ricky gave you major spoilers containing some weird plot twists you cannot afirm that either, sir. As far as the fans, who read the updates of three strips per week (sometimes we are treated with double strips), know about this comic, King is slowly (a bit too much for my taste, but I still like it) redemting for his past actions and learning that being a dog isn't all that bad, but he's facing problems like everyone else(maybe more than an avarege person would due his secret).
And I kinda agree with what was said above. I know the following statement isn't the absolute truth, but it's what I'm seeing here:
dislike Bino = Like King
Dislike King = Like Bino


I can indeed, when enough information is laid out in front of me or given to me.

Again, I ask you. How is Joel, adjusting to a life as a short stubby tailed dog and dealing with being a failed avatar in a U&U game earning 'redemption'?

Your also putting words into peoples mouths. Disliking King does not mean you Like Bino. But I don't hate Bino ether because we don't know enough about him, only the face shown.


Mon May 30, 2011 3:09 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1484
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
IceKitsune wrote:
angelusbr wrote:
Unless Ricky gave you major spoilers containing some weird plot twists you cannot afirm that either, sir.


Actually I would like to know if this is true Foxstar because you act like he does some times.


If I did have spoilers, why would I publicly disclose them? Really now people.


Mon May 30, 2011 3:11 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14342
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Well, being fan means discussing. You seem to take everything at face value, I don't, sue me.
I believe that Joel is making progresses. And that, in his specifical case, progresses is part of his redemption. You don't? Sue me.

_________________
Image
Image


Last edited by valerio on Mon May 30, 2011 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon May 30, 2011 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4300
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Foxstar wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
angelusbr wrote:
Unless Ricky gave you major spoilers containing some weird plot twists you cannot afirm that either, sir.


Actually I would like to know if this is true Foxstar because you act like he does some times.


If I did have spoilers, why would I publicly disclose them? Really now people.


I don't know I don't really know you that well I mean you could just be that much of a Jerk (though I doubt it) But I'm going to assume you don't then.

_________________
Image
Image


Mon May 30, 2011 3:15 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am
Posts: 1752
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Foxstar wrote:

I can indeed, when enough information is laid out in front of me or given to me.

Again, I ask you. How is Joel, adjusting to a life as a short stubby tailed dog and dealing with being a failed avatar in a U&U game earning 'redemption'?

Your also putting words into peoples mouths. Disliking King does not mean you Like Bino. But I don't hate Bino ether because we don't know enough about him, only the face shown.
I think you should read better because I said this wasn't absolute. ;)
as for the redemption part, Pete was stated as a Jerk, not evil. Sure he wanted to use King as an avatar, but who said he didn't want to help him either, otherwise, why pick him of all people? This is what I take my theory from:
http://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/12/2 ... christmas/
And Foxstar, please stop double posting. edit your comments, please.

_________________
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus


Mon May 30, 2011 3:18 pm
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15465
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
angelusbr wrote:
Foxstar wrote:
valerio wrote:
Not only King is adorable, as Joel he's working for his redemption and has Fox as awesome friend. He deserves all the love!


Val, you have a somewhat bad habit of -reading into things-

Joel is at -best- putting up with life as a dog. He's been friendly to Sasha. He deals with a lot of crap living with the wolves. But where in what arc has it ever been revealed that he's working towards any sort of 'redemption'? Nowhere. I think people who see him being friends with Fox and taking care of Sasha are reading into way too much.

Unless Ricky gave you major spoilers containing some weird plot twists you cannot afirm that either, sir. As far as the fans, who read the updates of three strips per week (sometimes we are treated with double strips), know about this comic, King is slowly (a bit too much for my taste, but I still like it) redemting for his past actions and learning that being a dog isn't all that bad, but he's facing problems like everyone else(maybe more than an avarege person would due his secret).
And I kinda agree with what was said above. I know the following statement isn't the absolute truth, but it's what I'm seeing here:
dislike Bino = Like King
Dislike King = Like Bino
Absolutes like that are just part of the oversimplification people are doing. "I like King, and therefore characters who don't like him are irredeemably evil and those who don't help him are stupid." Blech. I'm not a fan of either of them as a person, but I think they're both pretty good as characters.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Mon May 30, 2011 3:24 pm
Profile WWW
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Posts: 1484
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
angelusbr wrote:
Foxstar wrote:

I can indeed, when enough information is laid out in front of me or given to me.

Again, I ask you. How is Joel, adjusting to a life as a short stubby tailed dog and dealing with being a failed avatar in a U&U game earning 'redemption'?

Your also putting words into peoples mouths. Disliking King does not mean you Like Bino. But I don't hate Bino ether because we don't know enough about him, only the face shown.
I think you should read better because I said this wasn't absolute. ;)
as for the redemption part, Pete was stated as a Jerk, not evil. Sure he wanted to use King as an avatar, but who said he didn't want to help him either, otherwise, why pick him of all people? This is what I take my theory from:
http://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/12/2 ... christmas/
And Foxstar, please stop double posting. edit your comments, please.


-Don't mini mod. I'm not double posting.

Pete's a jerk, but there's not enough run off of that says his changing Joel into King was in any way to help him. Jerks tend to do things that please them, even if it offends or disrupts the lives of other beings. Pete could have just picked Joel for sheer kicks.

I know you said it wasn't absolute. I should have said "That would be putting words into peoples mouths."


Mon May 30, 2011 3:26 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 1242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 32  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.