Reply to topic  [ 1242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Arc 42: Not All Dogs 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 13149
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
And that pattern would be..?
Yes, it's been made clear Bino is very unsure of himself. He's got a strong inferiority complex for shining of Fido's reflected light, he hates cat lovers and weird dogs at large, and he must cope with having a much weird brother who doesn't hide his friendship with a mouse. He wants to be a leader, but he's tolerated rather than respected.
All this concurs to make him a jerk. Honestly, *I*'d feel rather upset if I had a constant challenge every day!
BUT
The GODC dogs (which is to say 90% of BG dogs) follow his orders, even big boys such as Rex, Boris and Yeltsin.
He gets to organize the events and can call tem a success (albeit the house owners could have something to say, at times).
He has a nice girlfriend...and uses her as his emotional punching-ball! (and one wonders why Sasha sometimes turns to Fido? It's a miracle she can stand Bino!)
He uses his rank as ringleader to play childish and harmful pranks on defenseless dogs!
He ENJOYS the suffering of King and his prone to violence (for how much in the PG) on his own brother!
The ONLY time he had a change of heart (the classical Christmas miracle) was when he got the mailman pinata. End of Bino's incredible moment of good heart, since he had planned the catnip bomb for Peanut. PEANUT, of all dogs!
That. Is. the. portrait of. a. Sociopath.
A dangerous one as the comic progresses, since this is the first time his hatred for King escalated into this cruelty.
Until the events will show us, at last, some side of Bino that will make us all, if not change my mind about him, at least reconsider my opinion of him. And not only mine.

_________________
Image
Image


Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 13149
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Daggy wrote:
He's possibly one of the most insane and paranoid pets in Babylon Gardens, aside from Tiger. There's no reason for his actions other than that. I'm fine with that, it's fun to have a character that does what they want for non-sensible reasons. Even if they turn out to be a huge jerk.

Bravo Daggy!
Tigr fits perfectly the concept of good-dog-turned-into-insane with whom one can sympathize. He's been mocked for his name since until he was a puppy. He's a social creature outcasted for a NAME, until he got overly paranoid. We see a pattern and a reason for Tiger to be who he is.
What the heck has got into Bino for him to be such a huge Jerk of a bully? Did someone see it? Because if it's plain characterial, like 'I was born like this', then one should stay very well away from such a guy!

_________________
Image
Image


Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 3792
Location: End of Time
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
valerio wrote:
What the heck has got into Bino for him to be such a huge Jerk of a bully?

Living with Maxwell.

_________________
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7


Image


Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:39 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 9:31 pm
Posts: 776
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
I'd assume he was normal at first, but the paranoia started to set in when his older brother started to overshadow him. He got kicked out of the academy while his brother was able to stay in it and finish. Things like that, to the point where everyone in the neighborhood loves him. Bino got jealous and strove to have complete control over everything while his brother was gone. I'd assume he managed to get it, for the most part. That's why all the other dogs listen to him.


Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:41 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:26 am
Posts: 87
Location: NV
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Things can get a bit boring if there's no antagonist to stir things up a bit.


Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:23 pm
Posts: 541
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Image

King's feet are the wrong color, unless they are really, really dirty :lol:

_________________
Image


Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:45 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 13149
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
And, as I said, he technically manages to be a good leader, when he puts his heart into it (see the easter egg hunt)... But it's MUCH MORE the time he spends on elaborating plots against everyone, like some petty dictator. He regularly wastes what he builds. And he's so pathetic and arrogant of course as not to see it. It's always somebody's else's fault.
How could that be defined 'normal' defies me.

And yes, that makes him a good antagonist.
But I prefer to see some reason in an antagonist, something that can turn him into a sympathetic character, one who can pull a 'good guy' stunt once in a while. A respectable antagonist.
Bino has nothing respectable in him. He's social poison.

Hmm, King spent some time outside in the rain, climbed up a tree, so yes, they could be just dirty

_________________
Image
Image


Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:46 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 3792
Location: End of Time
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
yoyodude wrote:
King's feet are the wrong color, unless they are really, really dirty :lol:

I knew that something's wrong, but I just couldn't figure out what! Great job noticing that.

Pink pads look better than black pads...

_________________
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7


Image


Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15224
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
I also prefer pink. They're so cute. :3

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:09 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 579
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
May I once again state the following:

When Bino finds out Fido's secret, he will attempt to blackmail him, and may gain absolute control over the club for the time being, possibly turning it into a police state. :shock: However, because he gets most of his respect through the reflected light from Fido, this will backfire HORRIBLY, eventually. When Fido is exposed as a cat lover, respect will fall away from him, dramatically, and away from Bino shortly thereafter, because he is both a jerk, and NOW related to a cat lover and a weirdo.

As Fido goes, so goes Bino. Fido's secret, and how he reacts, will be his undoing. And afterward, when the club is dissolved or renamed, Bino will either TRULY snap, or have a moment of truth.

Oh, the drama. :?


Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:10 pm
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15224
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
I doubt that'll happen, simply because I don't think Bino would find out about her.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:22 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am
Posts: 1752
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Bino's problem can be easily fixed by locking him with Tiger in a room, with no other way out, all alone for five minutes.

_________________
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus


Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 5:46 pm
Posts: 127
Location: Tucson, AZ
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
PhoenixAsper wrote:
May I once again state the following:

When Bino finds out Fido's secret, he will attempt to blackmail him, and may gain absolute control over the club for the time being, possibly turning it into a police state. :shock: However, because he gets most of his respect through the reflected light from Fido, this will backfire HORRIBLY, eventually. When Fido is exposed as a cat lover, respect will fall away from him, dramatically, and away from Bino shortly thereafter, because he is both a jerk, and NOW related to a cat lover and a weirdo.

As Fido goes, so goes Bino. Fido's secret, and how he reacts, will be his undoing. And afterward, when the club is dissolved or renamed, Bino will either TRULY snap, or have a moment of truth.

Oh, the drama. :?


I read a fanfiction that portrayed this wonderfully, exactly how I imagine it would happen and definitely how you describe it. It's "Changing the Status Quo", I'm pretty sure it's still up on the first page of Fan Projects.

Bino discovering Fido's secret would indeed have MAJOR consequences, I'm not sure if it will ever happen in the comics b/c the face-off could get extremely intense.

angelusbr wrote:
Bino's problem can be easily fixed by locking him with Tiger in a room, with no other way out, all alone for five minutes.


Poor Tiger!

_________________
Image


Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am
Posts: 1752
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Viath wrote:

angelusbr wrote:
Bino's problem can be easily fixed by locking him with Tiger in a room, with no other way out, all alone for five minutes.


Poor Tiger!

I guess you're right. Tiger would have to spend a good time in jail (if not his whole life) for doing the unspeakable with Bino.

_________________
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus


Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:57 pm
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15224
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
angelusbr wrote:
Bino's problem can be easily fixed by locking him with Tiger in a room, with no other way out, all alone for five minutes.
Bino's problem is that neither Bino nor Tiger are dead? 'Cause that's what this would fix.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 1585
Location: Singing Fortepiano
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Hmm. I've noticed that a lot of people are assuming that Fox will beat Bino.
But somehow, I interpretate Fox's words differently. it's like he was saying 'scram from here before I will change my mind'.

Alex wrote:
Also, I think it's unfair to punish Bino. He found the watch, he wanted to keep it, his girlfriend pretended to want to spend time with him in order to steal it, then his big brother makes him give it back. And all that pressure makes him do one stupid thing, since he failed at everything he wanted King to fail at getting the watch back. And now he gets punished! It's unfair....


I think the same. All of this wouldn't happen if King haven't throw the watch into the garbage container. And since Bino found it, there's no doubt that he rightfully became the owner of it. Like they say, finders keepers.
How would he know that this watch is actually a fate orb. It just looked like a simple watch.
Not to mention that King tried to steal it by using deception.

valerio wrote:
Sleet, please! Bino felt threatened by King's NAME, for pete's sake! if that's a rightful basis for feeling uindermined in his rank, it more than ever underlines that Bino is a crazy sociopath, not just 'insecure'.
And when I said about knowing what Bino was doing, I intended that Bino wanted to smash KING'S watch and making him cry! To prove a moot point!
Remember what BINO said?
Quote:
Stop Playing munchkin and hold this dweeb down while I smash his stuff!
Bino never considered 'his' the watch, he only wanted to make sure King didn't get it back.
And when he was confronted into giving it back, what was his choice? ops, I threw it away.


Then I will also quote something for you, Valerio.
Quote:
What do you think? A guy named King prancing about like he owns the place?

Prancing about... like he owns the place.
So it's not only about name. It's also somewhing what King had to say to Bino before the party.
But how, you wonder?
Remember that All The King's Men, part 1 was taking place between King,s meeting with Fox and Chritmas Party. So my guess it that King was supposed to meet Bino in part 2, and they would have an argument. King would tell him then something about his posision as a ringleader. Bino would get mad then and promise King a nice lesson for what he said. But as we know, Mr. Griffin was unfortunately unable to write part 2, but the dialogue about 'prancing' and 'publical disagree' remained.
So I think it's not only about the name. It's also about dissagreement and jealousy over a friend.

valerio wrote:
But no appearances of him, unless you can prove me wrong, showed any kind of progress.


Ok, I will :)
His slight improvement was shown few days ago. He said to Sasha during their snuggles that he haven't forgotten about the Valentines Day and he bought her a present. So he learned his lesson from the last time.

Quote:
Heck, on Christmas time, last year, he didn't show he cared about her, while she was literally freezing her butt after being locked out from her own Dad!


Hmm. But no one actually knew what was going on with Sasha. Maybe everyone believed that she spends Christmas with her dad, not knowing that she was later thrown out from the house.

_________________
2+2=22
Image


Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:59 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am
Posts: 1752
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
@karlos: I don't think All King's men counts for Bino's hatred towards King, after all the sequel of it will be the one Ricky likes the most from the contest last year and the winner's story will be considered cannon. If the winner's story doesn't involve Bino, then we can only asume Bino felt threatened by king's anme. I still want to read when Bino finds out that Rex's name translates to "king".
as for punishing Bino, We're mad because he used his thugs to pine King on the floor. I admit Bino knew nothing what the watch meant to Joel/King, however he was willing to smash it just to make King sad. I wouldn't doubt if he knew that the watch was King's soul he would also use it as blackmail.

_________________
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus


Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:32 pm
Posts: 1975
Location: In a house unless I'm not in a house.
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
angelusbr wrote:
Bino's problem can be easily fixed by locking him with Tiger in a room, with no other way out, all alone for five minutes.


You are absolutly right, one will attempt to take dominance of the room and kill the other to do so.

EDIT: new Fox emoticon from this comic Image

_________________
Violence is never the answer unless it is.

Sent from my conifer.


Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 1585
Location: Singing Fortepiano
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
angelusbr wrote:
@karlos: I don't think All King's men counts for Bino's hatred towards King, after all the sequel of it will be the one Ricky likes the most from the contest last year and the winner's story will be considered cannon. If the winner's story doesn't involve Bino, then we can only asume Bino felt threatened by king's anme. I still want to read when Bino finds out that Rex's name translates to "king".
as for punishing Bino, We're mad because he used his thugs to pine King on the floor. I admit Bino knew nothing what the watch meant to Joel/King, however he was willing to smash it just to make King sad. I wouldn't doubt if he knew that the watch was King's soul he would also use it as blackmail.



I know. I only said it could be a possibility. Now we will see a different part of ATKM, written by one of fans.
But still, I believe those dialogues about prancing and vying for position are very important. They just couldn't appear there without any reason.

Punishing him, in my opinion, won't make everything better. It can only make matters worse, and make Bino even more paranoid than he currently is.
He is a jerk in this story, and there is no doubt about it. But he doesn't deserve a beating. In my opinion, both King and Bino weren't good dogs. Bino because he wanted to smash the watch and make King upset, and King because he wanted to steal the watch by using deception.

_________________
2+2=22
Image


Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:47 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am
Posts: 1752
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Karlos wrote:
angelusbr wrote:
@karlos: I don't think All King's men counts for Bino's hatred towards King, after all the sequel of it will be the one Ricky likes the most from the contest last year and the winner's story will be considered cannon. If the winner's story doesn't involve Bino, then we can only asume Bino felt threatened by king's anme. I still want to read when Bino finds out that Rex's name translates to "king".
as for punishing Bino, We're mad because he used his thugs to pine King on the floor. I admit Bino knew nothing what the watch meant to Joel/King, however he was willing to smash it just to make King sad. I wouldn't doubt if he knew that the watch was King's soul he would also use it as blackmail.



I know. I only said it could be a possibility. Now we will see a different part of ATKM, written by one of fans.
But still, I believe those dialogues about prancing and vying for position are very important. They just couldn't appear there without any reason.

Punishing him, in my opinion, won't make everything better. It can only make matters worse, and make Bino even more paranoid than he currently is.
He is a jerk in this story, and there is no doubt about it. But he doesn't deserve a beating. In my opinion, both King and Bino weren't good dogs. Bino because he wanted to smash the watch and make King upset, and King because he wanted to steal the watch by using deception.

I think King's decption can be forgiven since it was his soul at stake there. If your arm were on fire and you saw someone holding a glass of water near you and this person refused to give this glass of water so you could extinguish the fire on your arm, what would you do?

_________________
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus


Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:09 pm
Profile
Milk
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7750
Images: 0
Location: On Your Mind
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Invalid Analogy: Bino is not aware of what is at stake, whereas the person in your scenario would be withholding aide while knowing exactly why you need the water.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:13 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 579
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
He's got a point. I think it was a no-win scenario: there was no GOOD way King could have gotten that thing back. But he HAD to get it back.


Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:15 pm
Profile
Milk
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7750
Images: 0
Location: On Your Mind
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
King could have, for example, stroked Bino's ego or offered to purchase or trade for the watch? I think it speaks volumes that petty larceny is the instinctive reaction.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:19 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 579
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Do you HONESTLY think Bino would have given it back? :| And bring me down, why don'tcha? :roll:


Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:21 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am
Posts: 1752
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Dissension wrote:
Invalid Analogy: Bino is not aware of what is at stake, whereas the person in your scenario would be withholding aide while knowing exactly why you need the water.

My point was that King was the one who shouldn't be punished for his methods. I know Bino didn't know about the watch, but knowing him, I bet he would try use it as blackmail, but even if he didn't do such thing, he still did his best to hummiliate King in front of everybody at the GODC.

_________________
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus


Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:24 pm
Profile
Milk
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7750
Images: 0
Location: On Your Mind
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
King tried to steal Bino's property. For all we know, the Good Ol' Dogs Club may have been partly organized for situations like this, to enforce a canine justice code. Restraining prisoners is common practice in the real world; if you saw the police arrest someone, would you consider it excessive force to physically restrain the criminal?

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:50 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 579
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Looks like this is a no-win situation for US, too.

Then again, you ARE a Bino fan. :roll:


Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:51 pm
Profile
Milk
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7750
Images: 0
Location: On Your Mind
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
I like Bino and King. It's not mutually-exclusive. I think Bino is a jerk, but I don't consider him evil, nor psychopathic. Similarly, I don't think everything King does is okay just because it's King doing it. Desperate situations do not necessarily justify every conceivable action.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:58 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am
Posts: 1752
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Well, in my country there is no such a thing as "finder's keepers". The law, here in Brazil, states that if someone finds the propriety of someone else, it must be given to the police so they can look for the owner. But I'm aware that very few people actually do such honest thing. I don't know how things are in another country, so, if it were my country, Bino would be the thief here.

_________________
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus


Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:12 pm
Profile
Extremerator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:19 pm
Posts: 3958
Location: a place of settlement, activity, or residence
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
In the US, I'm pretty sure throwing something away removes you of your ownership of it. So if Bino found it in the trash, there's nothing illegal about that. Rude maybe, when he refuses to return it, but not illegal.

Also, I've always gotten the feeling that the dogs operated themselves similarly to a bunch of kids, in which case "Finders keepers" would be a generally understood principle.

_________________
Image
Image Image


Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:19 pm
Profile WWW
Milk
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7750
Images: 0
Location: On Your Mind
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
In which case, the Good Ol' Dogs Club is a somewhat fuzzier Cool Kids Club, with the same rules for membership: no weird kids. xD

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:24 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:32 pm
Posts: 1975
Location: In a house unless I'm not in a house.
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
So I guess I'm excluded, not my fault I'm wierd Image

_________________
Violence is never the answer unless it is.

Sent from my conifer.


Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:34 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 5458
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
"Weird" is relative, hence arbitrary, like "normal".

_________________
Image
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com


Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:36 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 579
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Perhaps I should add to my signature that normal can be jerky as well. :roll:


Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:46 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:32 pm
Posts: 1975
Location: In a house unless I'm not in a house.
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Being normal is sooooo mainstream today. I'll just make my own GODC to prove it, take THAT bino!

_________________
Violence is never the answer unless it is.

Sent from my conifer.


Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:13 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 13149
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Quote:
Hmm. I've noticed that a lot of people are assuming that Fox will beat Bino.
But somehow, I interpretate Fox's words differently. it's like he was saying 'scram from here before I will change my mind'.

quite possible. After all, Fox too has his own bit of dirty conscience in this, as he was about to let the watch smashed. Hadn't been for Fido, his change of heart would've come too late. So, in his way, he apologized to King, but he also couldn't in good faith take it all on Bino.

Quote:
I think the same. All of this wouldn't happen if King haven't throw the watch into the garbage container. And since Bino found it, there's no doubt that he rightfully became the owner of it. Like they say, finders keepers.
How would he know that this watch is actually a fate orb. It just looked like a simple watch.
Not to mention that King tried to steal it by using deception.

That much is true. In King's defense, his poor choice with the watch in first place was justified by his NOT wanting to do with Joel anymore (or not to risk Fox finding about any connections with Joel).
But, in case you hdn't read the comics of this arc, Karlos, let me explain it to you again.
Bino wanted to smash KING' STUFF. He said it so, clear and loud. His purpose was to avoid King getting back his own watch! Bino applied surely the finders-keepers rule in good faith at the beginning, but when he learnt that it originally belonged to King, instead of being a good leader as he claims himself to be, he decided to keep the watch for the sake of it AND eventually smash it, considering it as King' object.
To make King suffer.
If you claim any good faith in it, Karlos, you're in severe denial!
And PLEASE! By Bino's appearances you could say that Bino would've let in any way the watch back to King? Oh, there is the slimmest chance...perhaps if King renounced his friendship with fox, for example, yes, I believe that under one condition King would've gotten his stuff. But try tell honestly that King had other options left!
Plus, and HERE it can be applied with no problems, for King it was his own SOUL at stake. He was in full right to do his best to steal it back if necessary.
And I hope you won't use the 'manipulating Sasha' too, since it can be safely assumed she was in ths by her own will.


Quote:
Then I will also quote something for you, Valerio.
Quote:
What do you think? A guy named King prancing about like he owns the place?

Prancing about... like he owns the place.
So it's not only about name. It's also somewhing what King had to say to Bino before the party.
But how, you wonder?
Remember that All The King's Men, part 1 was taking place between King,s meeting with Fox and Chritmas Party. So my guess it that King was supposed to meet Bino in part 2, and they would have an argument. King would tell him then something about his posision as a ringleader. Bino would get mad then and promise King a nice lesson for what he said. But as we know, Mr. Griffin was unfortunately unable to write part 2, but the dialogue about 'prancing' and 'publical disagree' remained.
So I think it's not only about the name. It's also about dissagreement and jealousy over a friend.

'The prancing about the place' is referred to the Club grounds, unless Bino decided that the whole of Babylon Gardens belongs to him, so yes, any new guy is a thread to the great oggy dictator! And the party to which King attended was held at Bill's place, which is not the Club.
Also, 'prancing about the place'? I think you're the only one who can see some fundament in that assertion, since Bino is so territory-paranoid to brawl with Max over a finger wiggled in his half of the couch!
That guy is a step from being CRAZY.

Quote:
Ok, I will :)
His slight improvement was shown few days ago. He said to Sasha during their snuggles that he haven't forgotten about the Valentines Day and he bought her a present. So he learned his lesson from the last time.

OK, you emoticon suggest me you're kidding.
Bino bought a present for Sasha' birthday because she had to threaten him into not recycling any gift! Oh, and BTW, see the love! He wanted to make her feel sorry for his 'generosity'. Hey, babe, I spent 10 dollars in ONE year for you, now give me some sugar or else...

Quote:
Hmm. But no one actually knew what was going on with Sasha. Maybe everyone believed that she spends Christmas with her dad, not knowing that she was later thrown out from the house.

Bino. Is. Sasha's. Boyfriend.
Though they can't be of course put on the same level, it was as if Fido didn't even care to check for Sabrina or if Peanut about Grape.
it does NOT matter if the others didn't know. You have a girlfriend, you take care for her.
But again, even in his love life Bino is too much of an egocentric to think about somebody else than his own reflection.

_________________
Image
Image


Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:54 pm
Profile WWW
Milk
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7750
Images: 0
Location: On Your Mind
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
The extreme hatred toward a fictional character is just a tad disconcerting. Let's all take a step back, breathe, and remember that Housepets! is a silly Web comic meant to entertain, not raise one's blood pressure. That it is possible to become so enmeshed in the characters and world is, I think, a great testament to the author's ability.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:34 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4195
Location: Ohio
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Dissension wrote:
The extreme hatred toward a fictional character is just a tad disconcerting. Let's all take a step back, breathe, and remember that Housepets! is a silly Web comic meant to entertain, not raise one's blood pressure. That it is possible to become so enmeshed in the characters and world is, I think, a great testament to the author's ability.


Yes I agree everyone needs to relax a bit here. You can like or dislike a character all you want that's fine, but you guys are taking it a bit far. Though as Diss said it is a great testament to how well Rick can write characters and worlds.

_________________
Image
Image


Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:51 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 1585
Location: Singing Fortepiano
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Dissension wrote:
The extreme hatred toward a fictional character is just a tad disconcerting. Let's all take a step back, breathe, and remember that Housepets! is a silly Web comic meant to entertain, not raise one's blood pressure. That it is possible to become so enmeshed in the characters and world is, I think, a great testament to the author's ability.



Oh. Then I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cause havoc. I guess it's because those characters's personality have a great influence on my feelings. That's why Mr. Griffin is a great artist to me.

Sorry to those who could feel upset because of my post. I only wanted to talk and discuss with you, that's all :)

_________________
2+2=22
Image


Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:38 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 13149
Location: Italy
Post Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs
Don't be sorry at all, Karlos! :twisted:
This comic is just great BECAUSE it stirs so many emotions and passions, even to an extreme level. Heck, this is the funniest discussion I've had since the farm arc! If everytime we stooped ourselves to the 'oh, it's only a silly webcomic' point, why would be need a forum at all?!?
We are respecting the rules, so no harm done.
And Bino remains a crazy socipath jerk, so there! :mrgreen:

_________________
Image
Image


Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:46 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 1242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.