Arc 42: Not All Dogs

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

yehoshua wrote:Rick isn't saying anything is going to be late so probably not.
spoke too soon. why does the universe hate Rick?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

... Drat
Sent from my conifer.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Too bad. And Fox is going to catch it all smooth and cool like. Angry Fox stare willl happen. I hope.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

If that happens I will BEG for another arc.

Which I may do anyway. :( :oops:
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Guesses at the next title:

Enter the zero.
From zero to hero.
Final Smash!
valerio

Post by valerio »

HAH! I KNEW FOX WOULD SAVE THE DAY!
Fox is awesome friend! And Bino is SO going to suffer... hmm...
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

And that is one of the many reasons why Fox is my favorite character....
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well Fox with the great save and I'm glad hes not mad at King and they can easily still be freinds. Also I'm kind of getting the feeling that no one really likes (though I'm not saying they hate him just don't really like him that much) Bino they just kind of tolerate him. I’m still hoping to see or learn about what happened to Pete.
Last edited by IceKitsune on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

I have to say it. On the one hand, I LOVE this awesome update! :D

On the other hand, I feel cheated with this anticlimax. :|

One more update, and it had BETTER be awesome....
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

ChewyChewy wrote:I have to say it. On the one hand, I LOVE this awesome update! :D

On the other hand, I feel cheated with this anticlimax. :|

One more update, and it had BETTER be awesome....
Agreed, on all counts. Is King's soul still in limbo, or what? :|

EDIT: Obviously I meant will it be at the END of the arc?
Last edited by PhoenixAsper on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
valerio

Post by valerio »

'tolerate' is the right word. Bino is Fido's brother and he gets respect for 'reflected glory'. If Fido did THE right thing and told Bino to shove off in front of everyone, the GODC's leadership would go to someone else faster than you could say 'Holy mackarel!'

Anticlimax? Such simple, cute awesomeness deserves rounds of applauses!

King's soul will be limboized until he decides what to do of his fate.
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

ChewyChewy wrote:On the other hand, I feel cheated with this anticlimax. :|
It's called "denouement". Every time the action comes to a point, why does everyone say that makes it an anticlimax?

Anticlimax != didn't expect it to happen, anticlimax is when you are not given a resolution, or the tension of the resolution is cut far short. You GOT a resolution, and I built up to it.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

valerio wrote:HAH! I KNEW FOX WOULD SAVE THE DAY!
Fox is awesome friend! And Bino is SO going to suffer... hmm...
By "suffer" you mean "get away because everyone is letting him?"
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

rickgriffin wrote:
It's called "denouement". Every time the action comes to a point, why does everyone say that makes it an anticlimax?
I have to agree with Rick here its not really an anticlimax there wasn't that many ways it could have gone and still finish in one more strip. I'm satisfied with this strip quite a lot.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

rickgriffin wrote:
I know what denouement is, and this is not the kind of denouement I was expecting given the setup--but I haven't seen the last update yet so I can't really set an opinion in stone. I just 1) hope it's REALLY awesome and 2) have no idea how that's going to be pulled off now.
PF chars

--Phoenix

yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

But now what will Fox think, he knows that it's "Joel's watch" so what now?
Sent from my conifer.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

boy that Fido looks like he could lift a stack of pancakes
ImageImage
ImageImage
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Sinder wrote:boy that Fido looks like he could lift a stack of pancakes
Not as much as the previous comic.
Sent from my conifer.
valerio

Post by valerio »

rickgriffin wrote:

Anticlimax != didn't expect it to happen, anticlimax is when you are not given a resolution, or the tension of the resolution is cut far short. You GOT a resolution, and I built up to it.
and you did an immensely nice job of it! *applaudes*
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

Previous comic was a lighting thing that made him look that way. Looks normal here!

I like the way that turned out. So much speculation over what would happen, and we got the least dramatic. That's perfectly fine, sometimes the best drama is no drama.

Can't wait for the final update!
valerio

Post by valerio »

yehoshua wrote:But now what will Fox think, he knows that it's "Joel's watch" so what now?
probably, King will have to tell Fox he was Joel's dog. Any other explanation would

1) sound loony-crazy
2) lead to end of friednship. Imaginate-king fears a lot the idea of telling Fox the truth. That's for me another sign he prefers, after all, his life as the husky's friend.

edit - least dramatic AND filled with a silence worth million words. Boy, the glances King and fox exchanged was touching, priceless. Spoke volumes! :D
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

rickgriffin wrote:It's called "denouement". Every time the action comes to a point, why does everyone say that makes it an anticlimax?

I don't blame you for it, it seems that lately other people are seeing the arc differently than the way I am. :( I wish I could understand....

I guess I didn't see a resolution, at least not one that doesn't require interpretation (and you said there would be one more update in this arc, correct?).... All I saw was a return to status quo ante (taking into account that I don't know what will happen in the last update)....

The only resolution I can interpret is that Fox might now suspect the possibility of "King"'s true identity (or at least that the question of his relationship to Joel has been planted in his mind).... But that hasn't been clearly established in the comic....

I did at least VERY much appreciate that Fox does appear to be a true friend to King (as if there was any doubt of THAT! ;) :D )....
PF chars

--Phoenix

PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

rickgriffin wrote:

Anticlimax != didn't expect it to happen, anticlimax is when you are not given a resolution. You GOT a resolution.

Indeed we did. There's still a LOT of questions, and little answers, but you've done what you're oh so good at. I'ma go slink off into a hole now. :oops:
Vyath

Post by Vyath »

rickgriffin wrote:

anyone who feels cheated by this comic, take another look at the expressions of Fox and King. "a picture is worth a thousand words" and that is kinda how I feel about panel 5. At first this comic may seem a bit anticlimactic but take another look and it has quite a bit of depth.
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

Who needs words when you can draw emotions onto faces like Rick can?
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Viath wrote:anyone who feels cheated by this comic, take another look at the expressions of Fox and King. "a picture is worth a thousand words" and that is kinda how I feel about panel 5. At first this comic may seem a bit anticlimactic but take another look and it has quite a bit of depth.
And that's why my feelings about it were twofold. I would consider that VERY heartwarming, and I do...if it DIDN'T come on the tail end of the specific setup of this particular arc. I was expecting something different. I might get that in the last update (though it's hard to know what could happen in one update), but so far it hasn't happened at all. The setup I was expecting was King's choice of whether to accept or reject his dog-ness. Him getting the watch back on the penultimate update feels like status quo ante to me, and that's anticlimactic. Maybe my expectations were in error but that's what they were. It felt like bait-and-switch.

My only hope is my interpretation (though it is at the moment only an interpretation) that Fox suspects that King and Joel have some sort of relationship, and that therefore the fact that Fox has given King back the watch (to say nothing of SAVING it) means their friendship is stronger than Fox's negative feelings about the guy who kidnapped him. But again, that hasn't been clarified in this update.
Last edited by ChewyChewy on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
PF chars

--Phoenix

PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

ChewyChewy wrote:The setup I was expecting was King's choice of whether to accept or reject his dog-ness. Him getting the watch back on the penultimate update feels like status quo ante to me, and that's anticlimactic. Maybe my expectations were in error but that's what they were. It felt like bait-and-switch.
Yeah, me too. About him deciding, I mean. But there IS still one more update.
valerio

Post by valerio »

ChewyChewy wrote:
Viath wrote:anyone who feels cheated by this comic, take another look at the expressions of Fox and King. "a picture is worth a thousand words" and that is kinda how I feel about panel 5. At first this comic may seem a bit anticlimactic but take another look and it has quite a bit of depth.
And that's why my feelings about it were twofold. I would consider that VERY heartwarming, and I do...if it DIDN'T come on the tail end of the specific setup of this particular arc. I was expecting something different. I might get that in the last arc (though it's hard to know what could happen in one arc), but so far it hasn't happened at all. The setup I was expecting was King's choice of whether to accept or reject his dog-ness. Him getting the watch back on the penultimate update feels like status quo ante to me, and that's anticlimactic. Maybe my expectations were in error but that's what they were. It felt like bait-and-switch.

My only hope is my interpretation (though it is at the moment only an interpretation) that Fox suspects that King and Joel have some sort of relationship, and that therefore the fact that Fox has given King back the watch (to say nothing of SAVING it) means their friendship is stronger than Fox's negative feelings about the guy who kidnapped him. But again, that hasn't been clarified in this update.
King acceptance or reject will be hopefully hinted in friday's comic, with the end of this season.
For now, everything leads to believe he's got the best friend he could hope to have in this life. he'd lose too much by choosing human-ness.
And yes, you are right on the account of Fox's feelings... But I can say also that they have been strongly clarified, look at panel 5 better. No matter how (rightfully) mad he could be at Joel, he cares for King now and will keep doing so!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

valerio wrote:King acceptance or reject will be hopefully hinted in friday's comic, with the end of this season.
For now, everything leads to believe he's got the best friend he could hope to have in this life. he'd lose too much by choosing human-ness.
And yes, you are right on the account of Fox's feelings... But I can say also that they have been strongly clarified, look at panel 5 better. No matter how (rightfully) mad he could be at Joel, he cares for King now and will keep doing so!
Well, I'm starting to wonder if perhaps King is going to have that watch for another arc or so (though again, I haven't seen Friday's comic)....

True, that may well help in his decision, I don't know....

I did look at that panel. But whether I'm right or not, AT THIS POINT it's only an interpretation, nothing more substantial than that. We didn't see Fox struggle with his feelings with King and Joel.
PF chars

--Phoenix

PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

ChewyChewy wrote:I did look at that panel. But whether I'm right or not, AT THIS POINT it's only an interpretation, nothing more substantial than that. We didn't see Fox struggle with his feelings with King and Joel.
True, but Rick also said that he wanted to see how much he could get away with leaving out. Maybe that was one of the things he left out. Besides, doesn't mean he can't address that at a later date.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

PhoenixAsper wrote:
ChewyChewy wrote:I did look at that panel. But whether I'm right or not, AT THIS POINT it's only an interpretation, nothing more substantial than that. We didn't see Fox struggle with his feelings with King and Joel.
True, but Rick also said that he wanted to see how much he could get away with leaving out. Maybe that was one of the things he left out. Besides, doesn't mean he can't address that at a later date.
Maybe. And that's true. All I'm saying is that, while it is the interpretation I would like to believe, and it makes the most sense given the situation, at this point it is nothing BUT an interpretation, it hasn't specifically been clarified within the comic itself that Fox suspects that King and Joel are related and isn't going to let his negative feelings for Joel ruin his friendship with King.
PF chars

--Phoenix

valerio

Post by valerio »

ChewyChewy wrote:Maybe. And that's true. All I'm saying is that, while it is the interpretation I would like to believe, and it makes the most sense given the situation, at this point it is nothing BUT an interpretation, it hasn't specifically been clarified within the comic itself that Fox suspects that King and Joel are related and isn't going to let his negative feelings for Joel ruin his friendship with King.
Wow, at this point Fox should be denser than Fido, for not suspecting. One can safely assume Fox more than suspects, but, just like Grape with Peanut's feeling for her, he treats that as 'unspoken assumption'. Fox values, at this point, his friendship with king more than his rancors with Joel.
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

stuff

love this webcomic etc.
Last edited by Daggy on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

friends are their when you need them the most~

=====
but ye, bad, no shipping
*waggles finger*
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Keeshah wrote:Would it be out of line to suspect that Fox an King has a deeper relationship than their willing to admit to each other?
An yes i'm shipping Fox an King..
Yes, it would. Don't do that. You bloody well should know better. Next time, I'll feed you to the Guilmon.

So your breaking one of the rules of the fourms outright? The rule that we've stated many, a time? You know better then that.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

rickgriffin wrote:

I must not have enough invested in this comic, I thought the resolution was perfectly suitable.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Foxstar wrote:
Keeshah wrote:Would it be out of line to suspect that Fox an King has a deeper relationship than their willing to admit to each other?
An yes i'm shipping Fox an King..
Yes, it would. Don't do that. You bloody well should know better. Next time, I'll feed you to the Guilmon.

So your breaking one of the rules of the fourms outright? The rule that we've stated many, a time? You know better then that.

I apologize, I had forgotten about that rule, but i should have know better anyways.
Will try harder to not run afoul of the rules again..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Alex

Post by Alex »

Cuuuuuuuuute! And I'm glad it resolved like this. Friends will always help each other! I just wonder what King has to do with the watch now...
Also, I think it's unfair to punish Bino. He found the watch, he wanted to keep it, his girlfriend pretended to want to spend time with him in order to steal it, then his big brother makes him give it back. And all that pressure makes him do one stupid thing, since he failed at everything he wanted King to fail at getting the watch back. And now he gets punished! It's unfair....
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Alex wrote:Cuuuuuuuuute! And I'm glad it resolved like this. Friends will always help each other! I just wonder what King has to do with the watch now...
Also, I think it's unfair to punish Bino. He found the watch, he wanted to keep it, his girlfriend pretended to want to spend time with him in order to steal it, then his big brother makes him give it back. And all that pressure makes him do one stupid thing, since he failed at everything he wanted King to fail at getting the watch back. And now he gets punished! It's unfair....
I must disagree with you somewhat, he shouldn't be punished for trying to smash the watch (because as far as he and everyone else except a few people thought it was his watch, he found it he can do what he wants with it) However I think he should be punished for being unfairly mean and cruel to King there was no reason to do what he did to King and really if he was just going to smash it he should have just given it to King anyway.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

rickgriffin wrote:

It feels like an anti-climax to some people (myself included) because we were expecting something more...dramatic. Sasha was nowhwere to be seen neither you said what happened to her not even just one ballon of dialogue and some people expected for her roile in this arc not be so diminutive. But as long as this arc isn't filler and is continued I guess it's okay...as long as there is no more status quo, otherwise, yes, it was anticlimatic.
Don't take this in the wrong way, but as you probably already know I'm love dark storylines.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus