Arc 42: Not All Dogs

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
valerio

Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs

Post by valerio »

Folks, I'd like to point out that FIDO WAS GETTING ALONG WITH THIS!
Bino was being true to his nature, Fido was allowing it and just wiggle his fingers!
sabrina should 'wish' for an exemplary punishment on her 'heroic' boyfriend! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

valerio wrote:Folks, I'd like to point out that FIDO WAS GETTING ALONG WITH THIS!
Bino was being true to his nature, Fido was allowing it and just wiggle his fingers!
sabrina should 'wish' for an exemplary punishment on her 'heroic' boyfriend! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Val relax He thought it was a stupid fight about nothing (and if you were in his position you would think the same thing.) I mean I can't really blame him for not interfering with something (based on what he knew) so stupid.
Vyath

Post by Vyath »

well, now it's up in the air what direction the comic will take (pun intended) Image
IceKitsune wrote:
valerio wrote:Folks, I'd like to point out that FIDO WAS GETTING ALONG WITH THIS!
Val relax He thought it was a stupid fight about nothing (and if you were in his position you would think the same thing.) I mean I can't really blame him for not interfering with something (based on what he knew) so stupid.
that's the problem with dramatic irony, we know so much more about the situation than the characters do. We see a situation that could have serious implications for King. Bino sees an underling trying to usurp him. Fido sees a petty dispute.
Last edited by Vyath on Mon May 30, 2011 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Viath wrote:well, now it's up in the air what direction the comic will take (pun intended) Image
That's just the problem--how is it going to be resolved in TWO updates, even if both are double strips?
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Yeah plus I also want to know what happened to Pete exactly as well and I don't think we'll get that in two updates unless one is like a triple strip.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Okay, my guess is that the watch will NOT break because King does hold love in his heart. Then he'll have to make his choice.
Last edited by ChewyChewy on Mon May 30, 2011 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
PF chars

--Phoenix

valerio

Post by valerio »

IceKitsune wrote:Val relax He thought it was a stupid fight about nothing (and if you were in his position you would think the same thing.) I mean I can't really blame him for not interfering with something (based on what he knew) so stupid.
I disagree! That was raw mean, and Fido is the archetype of the good-doer. Sorry, but I lost a lot of respect for Fido :x :x
IceKitsune wrote:Yeah plus I also want to know what happened to Pete exactly as well and I don't think we'll get that in two updates unless one is like a triple strip.
Or, perhaps, King's saga is not supposed to end here. Certain scores must be accounted for, others are to be left open until next year's conclusion.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

ChewyChewy wrote:Okay, my guess is that the watch will NOT break because King does hold love in his heart.
But that was talking about Peanut and Grape (I pretty sure anyway) also I can't wait for that prophecy to come back, if it has already and we just missed it.
Last edited by IceKitsune on Mon May 30, 2011 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

IceKitsune wrote:But that was talking about Peanut and Grape (I pretty sure anyway) also I can't wait for that prophecy to come back, if it hasn't already and we just missed it.
No, I'm pretty sure it was generic. "All who do not hold love in their hearts shall perish, and their souls will be broken into shards as countless as all the sand on the face of the earth."

EDIT: Also possible Bino might find out Fido's secret....
PF chars

--Phoenix

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

ChewyChewy wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:But that was talking about Peanut and Grape (I pretty sure anyway) also I can't wait for that prophecy to come back, if it hasn't already and we just missed it.
No, I'm pretty sure it was generic. "All who do not hold love in their hearts shall perish, and their souls will be broken into shards as countless as all the sand on the face of the earth."

But it also said "Your lives will be changed forever in ways you can't imagine" meaning that it was talking about something happening to Peanut and Grapes lives hence the "Your" its all one prophecy. Now this could of course be talking about something that happens to some one else that will then affect there lives of course though due to the weak (almost non existent) connection between Peanut and Grape and King I doubt it has to do with this arc.

Edit: To take a stab in the dark here about this I would say it might have something to do with Fido and Sabrina relationship getting out.
Last edited by IceKitsune on Mon May 30, 2011 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Also, Fido is DOUBLE JERK for allowing poor Joey kicked VERY rudely out of the club.
Shame on you, Fido! :x :x
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

Well the only way he could have stopped that would be stopping Joey from going inside. :<
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Fido possibly didn't see that.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Wow, Sabrina is great at threatening people!

Ah, Bino. He's such a loveable little jerk. :lol:

valerio wrote:be left open until next year's conclusion.
What's that now?What conclusion?
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

valerio wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:Val relax He thought it was a stupid fight about nothing (and if you were in his position you would think the same thing.) I mean I can't really blame him for not interfering with something (based on what he knew) so stupid.
I disagree! That was raw mean, and Fido is the archetype of the good-doer. Sorry, but I lost a lot of respect for Fido :x :x
IceKitsune wrote:Yeah plus I also want to know what happened to Pete exactly as well and I don't think we'll get that in two updates unless one is like a triple strip.
Or, perhaps, King's saga is not supposed to end here. Certain scores must be accounted for, others are to be left open until next year's conclusion.
I think on this one we are just going to have to agree to disagree. As for Pete I would just like a mention at least of what his punishment actually is like maybe have a panel or two show whats up with him.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Boy, that dog with the nuclear dog tag looks muscular, even moreso than usual. Wait, his name's Boris? Oh. Carry on with Fido then. >.> <.<

I really loved this kind of turn of event. I had a small hope that Sabrina would get directly involved like this just because she was a messenger girl sort, but i never least expect her to learn about the situation from Fido's side of the story. Not that i wouldn't like to see trouble for Fido myself, but it just comes off as a complete shock that Fido would let something like this happen while at the same time you can't hate him for it. I just don't know where Fido gets the idea of a watch getting smashed as a minor detail. Then again, they are pets. They don't wear watches. Different rules per se. It feels like a Wham moment when you think about it and it's awesome <3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

ChewyChewy wrote:

I don't think so, Bino will just assume Joey went an got Fido.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Alex

Post by Alex »

Bahahaha, third panel is so awesome xD Sabrina really is THAT cool!

Bino is a jerk... Hope everything goes well for King :S Wonder who's gonna catch the watch... Peanut?
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

valerio wrote:Also, Fido is DOUBLE JERK for allowing poor Joey kicked VERY rudely out of the club.

Fido was leading the dog club during the Halloween adventure, where a house (arson? ) was burned down.
An he called it a successful nite
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I could've say Fido came in to save the day, but I would be lying if I said so. Sabrina had to threaten him in order for him to do something.
Long story short: sabrina is awsome while Fido is (censored)
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Alex wrote:Bahahaha, third panel is so awesome xD Sabrina really is THAT cool!

Bino is a jerk... Hope everything goes well for King :S Wonder who's gonna catch the watch... Peanut?

Fox is going to catch it, an refuse to give it to King, until King spills the beans on why he needs to have the watch so badly.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Keeshah wrote:Fox is going to catch it, an refuse to give it to King, until King spills the beans on why he needs to have the watch so badly.
I don't think that will happen. If Fox catches it, Fido or Sabrina will convince him to give it back.
Richarson Valley

FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

I am sorry to say, but Kings expression in that strip looks kinda.....annoying. Kinda like a bad cartoon. ^^; My gosh this thing is accelerating to something weird.
valerio

Post by valerio »

angelusbr wrote:I could've say Fido came in to save the day, but I would be lying if I said so. Sabrina had to threaten him in order for him to do something.
Long story short: sabrina is awsome while Fido is (censored)
aaa-men, bro!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I reckon Fido was just thinking 'boys will be boys'.

Either way, Bino in 6th panel looks really nice. Just saying. ^^
valerio

Post by valerio »

I wonder how far this can go, in terms of suffering from King's side.
I mean, isn't there an 'Intrinsic Benevolence' rule in The Game? The fact that Kitsune allowed Pete (by not intervening) to steal Joel's soul fragment must have violated the Game Rule... so, there MUST be some real good coming out of this arc for King. Hopefully.

Meanwhile...
"Oh, and Fido?" Sabrina kisses Fido's cheek. "Thank you for doing the right thing. But you still will get your cuddles starting Christmas 2013. See ya."
FlyAwayNow

Post by FlyAwayNow »

Well, well. Ain't he a benny.

Let's all watch in anticipation as King's soul gets shattered, both figuratively and literally.
Que Lastima
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

If they do try to force a confession out of King, he would most likely resort to an old trick: Pretend Joel was one of his previous owners. Even though he would have to go against the good character that Joel portrayed before he was locked up, i'm guessing he'll make something up ab out it to convince them.
Last edited by GameCobra on Mon May 30, 2011 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

It is a soul afterall, I doubt it will be that easy to break.
Sent from my conifer.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

You know when a comic is good when the debate is so heated. XD
Well, Sabrina can't touch the watch, but she can summon a ghost or somthing to scare them all, right? I think it would be more effective like this.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Yes but scaring them won't save the watch that Bino already threw in the air. It better be fall resistent.
Sent from my conifer.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

yehoshua wrote:Yes but scaring them won't save the watch that Bino already threw in the air. It better be fall resistent.
Yes it is. Remember that the watch fell from an absurd high and, because of cartoon rule, it didn't kill King on the impact. The watch is unbreakable, unless it's also applied cartoon rule of irony.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

True, it didn't kill king, but what happens if it hits something harder this time? And anyway, irony is a cruel maiden. (irony maiden lol)
Sent from my conifer.
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Is it heinous to say that I liked the part where Joey got beat up, especially considering he's my favorite character?

This is also one of the funniest arcs of the entire year.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

I wouldn't say beat up, just violently thrown out.
Sent from my conifer.
Vyath

Post by Vyath »

valerio wrote:Also, Fido is DOUBLE JERK for allowing poor Joey kicked VERY rudely out of the club.
It seems that last strip brought together those who don't like Bino while this one is bringing together those who don't like Fido.
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

I'm losing my mind.

I grow more and more doubtful that ANYTHING significant will be resolved in this arc with just TWO updates remaining. There seems to almost NO WAY that SOMETHING big is not going to be left hanging.

I wonder why I don't give up.
Last edited by PhoenixAsper on Mon May 30, 2011 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Alex

Post by Alex »

What's there not to like about Fido? He's the neighborhood's best dog! Everyone loves him! He can't take care of EVERYTHING...
Richarson Valley

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

PhoenixAsper wrote:I'm losing my mind.

I grow more and more doubtful that ANYTHING significant will be resolved in this arc with just TWO updates remaining. There seems to almost NO WAY that SOMETHING big is not going to be left hanging.

I wonder why I don't give up.
Whose to say something significant didn't already happen in this arc? Does every arc have to have some sort of "wham" moment? i'm not sure. Personally, the big significant resolution is that Pete is locked up. To take a guess though is Joel's fate will be restored and the dogs are going to most likely be suspicious of King unless he says something about himself.

In short: Take it easy =D
valerio

Post by valerio »

Alex wrote:What's there not to like about Fido? He's the neighborhood's best dog! Everyone loves him! He can't take care of EVERYTHING...
aside from the fact that he was going to let Bino bullying a smaller and defenseless dog he had already bullied since last christmas?
Aside from the fact that he intervened because he was threatened into nonexistence by his girlfriend?
Aside from the fact that we didn't see him protesting much for throwing out poor Joey?
Fido so far: spineless jerk! :x