Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
One-Offs Set #20+1: I got one more now 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:26 pm
Posts: 95
Location: Scatland
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
Tha Housedog wrote:
FlyAwayNow wrote:
I've never been a fan of King, mostly because I can't get down to his level. Well, figuratively of course.

This is basically my viewpoint. I just can't like King, I can't connect to him in any way.



I guess more of the fact that he is just.....unlikeable. Maybe because he was a convict, or maybe because he's always so crabby, but I can't just give him any of the sympathy that his situation should be able to garner.

_________________
Que Lastima


Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:53 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:36 pm
Posts: 1742
Location: Greetings from beautiful Place!
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
My twitter is here: http://twitter.com/#!/RicksWriting

_________________
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers


Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:54 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Sunshine
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:48 pm
Posts: 5857
Location: The nth plane
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
FlyAwayNow wrote:
Tha Housedog wrote:
FlyAwayNow wrote:
I've never been a fan of King, mostly because I can't get down to his level. Well, figuratively of course.

This is basically my viewpoint. I just can't like King, I can't connect to him in any way.



I guess more of the fact that he is just.....unlikeable. Maybe because he was a convict, or maybe because he's always so crabby, but I can't just give him any of the sympathy that his situation should be able to garner.

Finally, someone who thinks like me about that.

_________________
Image
ImageImageImageImage
If you're awesome, you're here.


Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
Puppy Wrangler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 6298
Location: Florida
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
rickgriffin wrote:



Thank you, Mr. Griffin! I shall follow it as much as I can without creating a twitter account. I will never create a twitter account.

_________________
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image


Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:58 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:36 pm
Posts: 1742
Location: Greetings from beautiful Place!
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
I think you can follow twitter through an RSS feed

_________________
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers


Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:04 pm
Profile WWW
Puppy Wrangler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 6298
Location: Florida
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
rickgriffin wrote:
I think you can follow twitter through an RSS feed



No idea what that means. No need to explain though. I am an idiot with computers right now, so I'll figure it out with the power of google.

_________________
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image


Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:05 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:26 pm
Posts: 95
Location: Scatland
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
Now. I wouldn't mind it if Peanut of Sasha turned into a human, give Rick a run for his money making a small arc on People.

_________________
Que Lastima


Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4303
Location: Ohio
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
rickgriffin wrote:
Hey if you guys want a hint, the big arc I've been hinting at on twitter is for King


Will Pete be in it? and if not is his return soon?

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:07 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:36 pm
Posts: 1742
Location: Greetings from beautiful Place!
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
FlyAwayNow wrote:
Now. I wouldn't mind it if Peanut of Sasha turned into a human, give Rick a run for his money making a small arc on People.


SHH!

_________________
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers


Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:08 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:26 pm
Posts: 95
Location: Scatland
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
rickgriffin wrote:
FlyAwayNow wrote:
Now. I wouldn't mind it if Peanut of Sasha turned into a human, give Rick a run for his money making a small arc on People.


SHH!


I know that feel man. Just would like Pete to come back. Missing a little Charles Dickens like magic in my life.

_________________
Que Lastima


Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:01 pm
Posts: 870
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
copper wrote:
Hey, a King arc. That's great. He is my third favorite character. I can't wait for it.



Well considering that King is the number one character in all of Housepets, I won't be surprised if comments reach over 9,000+. (Okay, Okay, looks like I over exaggerating here..)
Back on topic, today's comic strip is just silly. But I like it. xD.


Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:16 pm
Profile YIM

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 579
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
I for one LOVED today's strip. :D

rickgriffin wrote:
Sleet wrote:
There's an easy solution. Monday's comic:


This tempts me . . .


Rick.......... tell me you don't mean that........ :?.


Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:19 pm
Profile
Mr. Sunshine
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:48 pm
Posts: 5857
Location: The nth plane
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
Barkeron wrote:
King is the number one character in all of Housepets,

Get out. [/joke]

We need more silliness sometimes. :)

_________________
Image
ImageImageImageImage
If you're awesome, you're here.


Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:21 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:01 pm
Posts: 870
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
Tha Housedog wrote:
Barkeron wrote:
King is the number one character in all of Housepets,

Get out. [/joke]

We need more silliness sometimes. :)


Yeah I knew it was a joke. In terms of silliness, yup we need it. xD


Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:23 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:23 pm
Posts: 541
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
Image

_________________
Image


Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:10 pm
Posts: 595
Images: 0
Location: Tennessee
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
I thought today's comic was cute and funny...

More about King you say? Possible King of Hearts tease so you can torment shippers of Grapenut and King of Hearts alike? :cry:

_________________
Bino wrote:
I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
So...... *kisses sleet* BOOM! I WIN!


Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:19 am
Profile YIM WWW
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15470
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
Tha Housedog wrote:
Barkeron wrote:
King is the number one character in all of Housepets,

Get out. [/joke]

We need more silliness sometimes. :)
I don't dislike King, but I definitely think he's overrated.

Besides, King can be silly sometimes! Heck, he can get sunglasses from nowhere! And wear them at night!

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:55 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 1725
Location: Ponyville
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
Sleet wrote:
Heck, he can get sunglasses from nowhere! And wear them at night!

anyone can wear them at night, it's just not recommended
unless you wanna be Corey Hart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXw4qqQqTrY

_________________
http://s4.zetaboards.com/Random_Fandom/index/
http://mariomarc.deviantart.com/

Looking for Love
Image


Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:08 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:48 pm
Posts: 1012
Location: Poznań (Poland)
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
Sleet wrote:
Tha Housedog wrote:
Barkeron wrote:
King is the number one character in all of Housepets,

Get out. [/joke]

We need more silliness sometimes. :)
I don't dislike King, but I definitely think he's overrated.

Besides, King can be silly sometimes! Heck, he can get sunglasses from nowhere! And wear them at night!


I'm also not a fan of King, but he's important character in comic, because he's different than other characters ;) In every comic there must be a character that you can only love it or hate it ;)

_________________
My account on DA (something happens since I'm back here :))

My youtube accoint (with failed attemps to at least pretend I can sing)

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club


Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:03 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:26 am
Posts: 87
Location: NV
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
Yep, just like my dog! They're all the same hehe.

And y'all are crazy, king is awesome! except for the creepy PETA thing


Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:24 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:36 pm
Posts: 1742
Location: Greetings from beautiful Place!
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
I never really expected anyone to adore King at all, except for the contingent that likes transformation stories. Which seems to be pretty big sometimes.

_________________
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers


Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:26 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4303
Location: Ohio
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
rickgriffin wrote:
I never really expected anyone to adore King at all, except for the contingent that likes transformation stories. Which seems to be pretty big sometimes.


You made him far to cute for that to happen Rick. You should have picked a different breed of Dog for him to be, that might have worked.

_________________
Image
Image


Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:38 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 2:38 am
Posts: 3916
Location: Sweeeden :3
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
Should've made him a pug!


But they can be really adorable too.. xD

_________________
Jason Mraz wrote:
My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.

Daggy wrote:
Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW


Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:56 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:41 pm
Posts: 3792
Location: End of Time
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
rickgriffin wrote:
I never really expected anyone to adore King at all, except for the contingent that likes transformation stories. Which seems to be pretty big sometimes.

You should have made him Rex-like. Seriously, bulldogs are ugly!

_________________
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7


Image


Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15470
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
Lesson: if it is adorable, expect lots of furries to love it.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 5458
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
What I like about King isn't just the transformation but the unique, three-dimensional personality he was given. I THOUGHT he was just going to be a jerk and unlikable when I first read the comic, but I was wrong.

Oh, and this current comic? Admit it, you only did it to explore different expressions of Peanut's face. :P :lol: But I love it! :D

_________________
Image
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com


Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:31 am
Posts: 2713
Images: 6
Location: The Netherlands
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
there are no unlikeable characters in Housepets

_________________
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"


Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:05 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4303
Location: Ohio
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
Kyderra wrote:
there are no unlikeable characters in Housepets


I wouldn't say that is true I mean it runs on personal preference.

_________________
Image
Image


Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:11 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 5458
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
IceKitsune wrote:
Kyderra wrote:
there are no unlikeable characters in Housepets


I wouldn't say that is true I mean it runs on personal preference.


I'm with IceKitsune, at least in terms of my subjective opinion. I KNOW that every character has SOMETHING of a fanbase, but I personally am not a fan of every character.

_________________
Image
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com


Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:45 pm
Profile
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15470
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
Kyderra wrote:
there are no unlikeable characters in Housepets
Nonspeaking Woodland Critter #3. The guy's a jerk.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:50 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:48 pm
Posts: 1012
Location: Poznań (Poland)
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
Everything depends on personal preferences, as IceKitsune said. Some I like very much, some just a little and some are indifferent for me.

_________________
My account on DA (something happens since I'm back here :))

My youtube accoint (with failed attemps to at least pretend I can sing)

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club


Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
Devil Skirrl
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7912
Images: 0
Location: Elsewhere
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
rickgriffin wrote:
I never really expected anyone to adore King at all, except for the contingent that likes transformation stories. Which seems to be pretty big sometimes.

"I actually designed King to be completely unlikeable. What is with you people??!?"

Heh. I like King, but I'm not rabid about him like some people seem to be.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:29 am
Posts: 537
Location: Not an igloo
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
King = too darn cute to NOT be likable!

When I first saw the headshots though, I thought of some weird comic where Rick brought Peanut and Grape to Reality and he was using them for a magazine cover...knowing of course this is non-canon AND non-sensical! But hey, a furry can dream right?

_________________
Image
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.


Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:44 pm
Profile
Puppy Wrangler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 6298
Location: Florida
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
I like King. I don't love him, but I like him....

Okay I love him. He is my third favorite character, but I love him because of the possibilities he brings to any given situation. That and it is great to see him being punished by the universe.

_________________
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image


Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:56 am
Posts: 902
Location: Columbia. Not the Columbia your thinking.
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
I like King because he brings a fresh perspective to everything, you know, because hes not a normal pet.

Also, i love this one off because of the avatar posibilities! (and the cuteness :3)

_________________
Saphia - SP - S3, P7, E5, C4, I9, A7, L7


Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:00 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 5458
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
Cwitt wrote:
I like King because he brings a fresh perspective to everything, you know, because hes not a normal pet.


I wholeheartedly agree.

_________________
Image
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com


Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:07 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4303
Location: Ohio
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
ChewyChewy wrote:
Cwitt wrote:
I like King because he brings a fresh perspective to everything, you know, because hes not a normal pet.


I wholeheartedly agree.


ditto for me it lets him have completely different stories then the rest of the cast. Same with the Wolves as well. And IMO Sabrina, and Tarot (even if I'm not personally a Tarot fan at all.) have that potential as well because of the whole magic/supernatural aspect. And Fido too because hes a police dog and what not.

_________________
Image
Image


Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:19 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:10 pm
Posts: 595
Images: 0
Location: Tennessee
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
Kyderra wrote:
there are no unlikeable characters in Housepets


Meh, Bino and Max are both frustrating... Interesing how similar their personalities are since they live together.... We should blame their parents for their issues like psychiatrists do...

Therefore using deductive reasoning, Jake is the only unlikeable character in this comic

_________________
Bino wrote:
I don't have any tricks up my sleeve right now that don't involve roleplaying... :x
So...... *kisses sleet* BOOM! I WIN!


Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:39 am
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:01 pm
Posts: 870
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
rickgriffin wrote:
I never really expected anyone to adore King at all, except for the contingent that likes transformation stories. Which seems to be pretty big sometimes.



I going to say that its one of those exceeding your exceptions factor.


Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:02 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:13 am
Posts: 5257
Location: Someone save me from Jersey
Post Re: One-Offs Set #20: I got nothing
Kyderra wrote:
there are no unlikeable characters in Housepets

The human thieves!

_________________
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012


Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:48 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.