Arc 38: Hope of the Pridelands

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Re: Arc 38: Hope of the Pridelands

Post by copper »

Stop trying to derail my insanity with your cold logic! It won't work!

My logical mind is as prone to fallacies as any other, and I enjoy it when it happens.

By the way, I don't know why, but I am loving the Peanut face in panel 2 the most! Is that strange?
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Sinder wrote:
Kyderra wrote:I love how people started flailing: <Is this the end of the arc?!>
sadist

sadist guilmon
Wouldn't that be a sadist Growlmon?
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

I loved this arc. Rick has a fantastic talent for dialogue and inventing a story within a story. I'm new to this comic so sorry if this seems like a dumb thing to say but i get the feeling Pridelands is a future or shelved project of his. Also, I've come across several characters that i relate to and have even seen an almost identical version of myself from movies or plays but none so accurate as Res.

I know this is a strong statement but i feel i could piece together his entire life story, his shortcomings and habits. It's all in how he pulls his laptop away to hide his work then returns to it without even looking up at grape, there are endless amounts of things this throws my mind. If you'll let me indulge my brain the way i'm looking at it is that it's not only that he's reserved, he has a history of going unnoticed, thus he has deluded himself into always assuming whatever he does will not get attention, that's how he can write something private in public, he's careful not to disturb the world and in return it gives him a wide berth. When Grape actually took an interest that showed him that the world is not so easily summed up.

I think Rick has captured every essence of a reserved person, the long letters detailing his feelings and surmising that he need apologize for something not that offensive, the way his text is smaller than grapes which suggests he speaks in the same heavy tone, it is all in my opinion purrrrfect.... :(
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"