Arc 37: Noob Tube

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Re: Arc 37: Noob Tube

Post by CaptainPea »

ChewyChewy wrote:"Well, I'M yer VITA-veaty-viggie-vac girl.... Are you tired, run-down, and listless? Do you pop out at parties? Are you unpoopular? Well, ARE ya?!"
That's exactly what I thought of when I saw this strip.
We have a Vitameatavegamin Christmas ornament... hehe...

I love how Sasha's the voice of reason in this one, at least in the third panel.
Image Image
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

I really hope this leads to Sasha getting a new owner--a better one. The sooner the better.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm not sure that is necessarily going to happen so soon (if at all). That just happened to King, after all. It just seems like lazy story writing to me to resolve similar problems so quickly. I like seeing the characters happy too, but a story needs conflict, you know?

Besides, why can't Sasha's owner change? He doesn't need to lose his dog for her to be happy. If that problem were to be resolved, perhaps it could be done with Sasha leading to him meeting a nice girl, which leads to him becoming much softer and less bitter? I don't know, I'm just throwing things out there. I don't really expect that to happen, but it's not like Sasha getting a new owner is the only way to resolve this.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Alex

Post by Alex »

Maybe the Sandwiches will adopt her. Then Grape will throw her out of the house for being too happy (Like Peanut - two Peanuts are too much even for Grape).
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

There will probably be a happy ending for Sasha, but I doubt that it will happen in this arc. This is starting out too light-hearted for that. It might lead into another arc that does deal with it, though. Anywho, I hope that there is a strip somewhere in here involving either Bino or King watching the commercial with Sasha. I think it could be a cute moment.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Alex wrote: (Like Peanut - two Peanuts are too much even for Grape).
Two Peanuts? Even One Peanut its "too much" for Grape.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Barkeron wrote:
Alex wrote: (Like Peanut - two Peanuts are too much even for Grape).
Two Peanuts? Even One Peanut its "too much" for Grape.
Not how I see it! ;)
Alex

Post by Alex »

The cat always looks sleepy. With two Peanuts, she'd be walking with her eyes closed.
Richarson Valley

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

*whew it's back*

I guessed the gag for this one pretty much right away, but I still had to read it several times to get it. Then I read it again with Rock in a squeaky voice, and that just made it funnier.

They would be hard to take seriously.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Sleet wrote:*whew it's back*
My thoughts exactly.

All I have to say is that this ferret is HARDCORE.
PF chars

--Phoenix

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

:lol: I could never take them seriously in my life it would be too weird.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Rock trying to be serious just makes me want to go D'aww and give him a big hug. :o
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

What is happening between Rock's fingers? Is he holding a piece of string?
ImageImage
ImageImage
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sinder wrote:What is happening between Rock's fingers? Is he holding a piece of string?
Yeah I think it is string, well as best as I can tell anyway.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Actually, I think those are arrows, supposed to be showing that he's moving his fingers in a circle....
PF chars

--Phoenix

Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Now that we know he has a high-pitched voice I really want to hear an audio of these lines.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Alex

Post by Alex »

Aw, I've always imagined his voice as low-pitched. Especially in this strip, when I started reading it.

But it's funny...
Richarson Valley

Jarr

Post by Jarr »

Judging by the TV commercials I've been seeing lately, no one's been listening to Rock.
zeroslash

Post by zeroslash »

copper wrote:Rock trying to be serious just makes me want to go D'aww and give him a big hug. :o
Try that, and he'll flame you. *rimshot, cricket chirps*
Sinder wrote:So then Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Alex wrote:Aw, I've always imagined his voice as low-pitched.
It could always be lower than the other ferrets.
Karl

Post by Karl »

You know, first panel of this strip reminded me of Walt Disney. He was doing the same thing with his fingers when he was impatient or annoyed.
I'm a bookworm!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I don't know why, but the days of imagining smaller cartoon/comic animals with squeaky voices just doesn't seem there for me these days. i picture the ferrets more like voices of the Rugrats =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

He doesn't HAVE to have a squeaky voice, but I put it in the alt text because the image in my head was too funny
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

He is actually James Earl Jones.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

rickgriffin wrote:He doesn't HAVE to have a squeaky voice, but I put it in the alt text because the image in my head was too funny
Well what do you imagine him to sound like?
Frank

Post by Frank »

Dubiousity wrote:Now that we know he has a high-pitched voice I really want to hear an audio of these lines.
Wish granted.

Each line was recorded into a separate file using Windows Sound Recorder. I doubled the speed of those files containing Rock's lines, and then glued all the files together. If any part doesn't sound quite right, it's because everyone's asleep in my house right now, and I'm trying to not wake them up. :oops:
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Frank wrote:
Dubiousity wrote:Now that we know he has a high-pitched voice I really want to hear an audio of these lines.
Wish granted.

Each line was recorded into a separate file using Windows Sound Recorder. I doubled the speed of those files containing Rock's lines, and then glued all the files together. If any part doesn't sound quite right, it's because everyone's asleep in my house right now, and I'm trying to not wake them up. :oops:
That works. xD.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Frank wrote:
Wish granted.

I CAN'T KEEP THAT VOICE OFF MY MIND, I CAAANNNNTT!
You're evil!
I like it! :mrgreen:
Liam

Post by Liam »

So, does that mean that the apparently non-canonical alt-text is the sole joke of this strip or should we laugh about Rock acting like a humonguous jerk to a person who simply made his job?
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Liam wrote:So, does that mean that the apparently non-canonical alt-text is the sole joke of this strip or should we laugh about Rock acting like a humonguous jerk to a person who simply made his job?
I think it's how adorable Rock looks when he's yelling at the guy. I mean seriously, ferrets are adorable, and Rock is not exception.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Frank wrote:
Wish granted.

I love you
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Dubiousity wrote:
Frank wrote:
Wish granted.

I love you
That was awesome!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

rickgriffin wrote:He doesn't HAVE to have a squeaky voice, but I put it in the alt text because the image in my head was too funny
True, but i liked squeaky voices. i miss the days of when i could picture everyone with the voices of Chip and Dale and the Chipmunks. I seem to have grown too accustomed to the more modern voices.
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Liam wrote:So, does that mean that the apparently non-canonical alt-text is the sole joke of this strip or should we laugh about Rock acting like a humonguous jerk to a person who simply made his job?
My intention in the joke is probably not entirely clear as I sort of muddled the setup. But anyway, sometimes I think I rely too much on the alt-text; I need to get out of that habit.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

Frank wrote:
Wish granted.

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD
OMAGOSH I LAUGHED SO HARD...
XD XD XD XD XD XD
bwah bwah
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

rickgriffin wrote:
My intention in the joke is probably not entirely clear as I sort of muddled the setup. But anyway, sometimes I think I rely too much on the alt-text; I need to get out of that habit.
I think your alt-text is fantastic. I think relying on the alt-text is fine as long as you don't make it the center purpose of the joke unless the situation isn't comical.

I also think i gotta stop being so critical XD
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

GameCobra wrote:
I think your alt-text is fantastic. I think relying on the alt-text is fine as long as you don't make it the center purpose of the joke unless the situation isn't comical.

I also think i gotta stop being so critical XD
Pretty much this.
Psykeout

Post by Psykeout »

once, i had to read the comic on the wii for a while, so when i got my computer back, i went through the past two months of comic just for the alt text. :lol:
bwah bwah
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

At least it's not SMBC, where an entire panel, often critical to the joke, is put in the alt text.
Karl

Post by Karl »

rickgriffin wrote:My intention in the joke is probably not entirely clear as I sort of muddled the setup. But anyway, sometimes I think I rely too much on the alt-text; I need to get out of that habit.
Actually, I think that your alt-text is one of the elements that makes your comic entertaining. Always after checking a new strip, I read the alt-text to see what was on your mind, how do you feel about the strip and what do you think about it.

And it makes me laugh many times aswell.
I'm a bookworm!